SOCIAL MEDIA

23.3.15

Did Someone Say Makeup Haul?

I popped into boots the other week for 'a couple' of new products, and just a general browse. However, as always, that 'browse' turned into quite a hefty purchase of new products.... not complaining though!

Thought I'd share with you all the items I picked up; so if you want to find out, then keep reading!



Firstly, base products....


I don't like wearing a proper foundation on a day to day basis, as not only does it not agree with my skin and always seems to break me out in spots, but also, I find it transforms my face a lot more dramatically when I want to use it for nights out or special occasions. I don't have any lighter coverage tinder moisturisers, CC or BB creams, so I decided I needed to change that... especially as the weather here in Britain slowly starts to warm up, and I don't want something so intense on my skin. After browsing the different brands, I settled on the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream. Every Bourjois product I purchased so far has been incredible and I really think a lot of the brand! This product claims to contain three different coloured pigmets which help to cancel out/reduce redness and dark patches on the skin! I can't wait to give this a proper go, but with the couple of applications I've already had, I really do like this product!


I also picked up a new primer. Now, I find the pores on my nose always look rather noticeable, so I wanted to give the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser primer a go, as it says it helps to create smooth and pore less looking skin. I've only tried this once so far, but I did really enjoy using it. I would say that it made my skin look completely 'pore less' but it definitely help in evening out the general tone, and made my face look a lot fresher. The consistency of this product really reminds me of the Bare Minerals Prime Time; so if you've been wanting to try that out, then I'd definitely give this a whirl as a cheaper alternative. 


So many people in the world of blogging and youtube rave about this concealer, and since it's so affordable I thought I'd pick it up and see what all the fuss is about! I haven't tried this out as of yet, so I'll try and post my thoughts on it as soon as I've given it a good go!




I have quite a round face, so contouring is definitely something I'm starting to get in to more, as it helps in making my face look slimmer and my cheek bones more prominent then they really are. I've looked at the Bourjois highlight and contour kit for a while now, but when I saw this one from Seventeen at virtually half the price, my mind was swayed. Both colours in this kit are matt so don't leave your skin looking shimmery and unnatural, so so far, I've found both colours perfect when doing some subtle contouring on my skin. 


And finally... the eyes.


I've never really been someone to wear eyeshadow or experiment with new colours... but since starting up my blog in October and getting more and more into Youtube, it has made me want to experiment more, and give my eyes some colour! After trying the Maybelline Colour Tattoo shadow in Pink-Gold, I absolutely loved the formula, how easy it was to apply and how long it lasted... so, I decided to give another one a go. I went for Metallic Pomegranate, as it's unlike any colour eyeshadow I own at the moment. It's a gorgeous deep purpley/red shade and looked beautiful when I applied it as the crease and outer eye shade combined with the next product I am going to talk about.



I am not sure whether these are a new product by Collection, but I have not yet seen these eyeshadow pencils about! When looking at the collection stand, I was instantly drawn to this shade, as it looks so shimmery and gorgeous. It's a perfect, pink/champagne colour, and after swatching it onto my hand, I knew I couldn't leave it behind! I definitely want to get more of these Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencils, because the pigmentation is incredible and once they are on, you have a small amount of time to blend them out... but after that, they don't budge all day!

What new products have you picked up recently?

Tanith
xx



Post a Comment